Problems During Pregnancy
- Your progesterone rises, which is natural and very good because this hormone is essential for retaining the fetus. However, along with elevated progesterone, blood sugar also increases. Both blood sugar and progesterone play an important role in your developing baby's brain yet this increased blood sugar (along with ever-increasing stress and a diet of sugary processed foods) sets the stage for a systemic yeast infection to become even more acute.
- Your immune system is weakened so that your own antibodies do not see your developing baby as an enemy. This makes it more difficult for your immune system to stave off bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
The Infection/Autism Connection
For more on autism and fetal health, read The Myths and Truths of the Mercury/Autism Connection.
Body Ecology's Pregnancy Protocol
- Start the Body Ecology program - this will help both parents build health and vitality to pass on to baby.
- Build up a storehouse of nutrients in your cells.
- Eliminate toxins that have been accumulating in those cells throughout your life.
- Eliminate stress as much as possible before and during your pregnancy.
- Create A Healthy Inner Ecosystem - Fermented foods lay down the foundation for a healthy inner ecosystem.
- Provide More Nutrients - When fermented, a food's nutrients increase hundreds of times. The microflora, abundant in unpasteurized, fermented foods, act like enzymes to properly process a food, releasing all the nutrients for you to absorb. At the same time they help retain those nutrients so your blood delivers the best possible nutrients to each growing cell in your baby's developing brain and body.
- Improve Digestion - The microflora in fermented foods increase the bio-availability of each meal by improving digestion.
- Reduce Damage From Sugar - Microflora enjoy the sugars in foods and shield you from damage that sugar can often cause.
- Control Cravings - Fermented foods help control cravings for carbohydrates and provide that sour taste so many pregnant women intuitively crave.
- Help The Body Detoxify - Microflora will attack toxins, combat parasites and restore the acid/alkaline balance of your intestines.
- Help Babies Digest Mother's Milk - Mother's milk is nature's most perfect food for babies. But it is critical to establish a healthy inner ecosystem so that the baby digests the milk. We often say that finely pureed cultured veggies and small amounts of fermented beverages should be introduced as "baby's second foods."
A Legacy of Health
Sending this article to parents-to-be (even if they are of high school and college age) can help create a legacy of health for generations to come. Donating to BEFORE BIRTH AND BEYOND is another way you can contribute to creating healthy families and babies.